Directions from Pisa Airport
- After leaving the car hire depot, turn right at the roundabout onto the Fi-Pi-Li autostrada towards Firenze (blue sign)
- Exit at CASCINA and continue to roundabout (2km). Turn right at the roundabout towards Latigno, Cecina. At next roundabout (1/2 km) turn left towards PONTEDERA.
- Continue along this straight road for approx 2km , cross over bridge and turn right at T-junction towards CALCINAIA 4, at the big roundabout take the 2nd exit right towards LUCCA 25, BIENTINA 4 ( there is a PAM supermarket by this roundabout if you need tto get some shopping).
- Continue along this road crossing a large bridge over the river and pass through San Giovanni alla Vena, turn right at the roundabout, cross over small bridge and take an immediate left jurn at the T-junction towards BIENTINA and LUCCA.
- Continue along this road, passing the medieval fortress of Vicopisano, stay on this road around the outskirts of Bientina (our nearest large town). Turn left at the traffic lights (be careful of oncoming traffic) and cross over the bridge heading towards BUTI and LUCCA on the SS439 (there will be a petrol station on your left).
- Pass through Cascine di Buti staying on the SS439 until you reach the little hamlet of Caccialupi (just after the petrol station), pass the T-junction (Autostrada/Altopascio) and at the corner just across from the carabinieri sign there is a road (not the entrance to the house).
- Turn up this road between a garage and stone wall, then take the immediate right onto a track, passing an old woodmill with machinery and large woodchip pile, continue up the hill on this narrow track (be careful of the drainage bumps) for approximately 500 mtrs until road forks.
- Enter the gates of Il Frantoio and follow our cypress tree lined road up to the house.
Directions from Lucca
Take the ss439 outside the gates – Porta Elisa towards Pontedera, follow this road for approximately 20 to 30 minutes passing through various small towns until you reach our local village Castelvecchio di Compito, stay on the ss439 for another 2km looking out for Mercato Toscana (antiques and treasures!), approximately 60 mtrs after the Mercato and just before the sign for Altopascio/Autostrada turn right before the corner onto a small tarmac road passing between a garage and stone wall, take the immediate right onto a track. Follow this track past an old woodmill with a pile of woodchips and continue for approximately 500 mtrs uphill (pay attention to drainage bumps) until the road forks. Enter the entrance gates of Il Frantoio and follow our cypress tree lined road up to the house.